Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Tonight as I was outside in my yard picking up a few things the kids left out I happened to walk by a window with the blinds still open and saw Kaden kneel down to say his prayers. Now that's obviously not uncommon for my kids to say their prayers, but what is uncommon is for them to do ALL the things I ask.... ok, more like TELL (make, command, mandate) them to do at bedtime. Before I went outside I told them to brush their teeth, get their jammies on, say their prayers and get in bed..... Ahem... or else they'd be grounded tomorrow and have to go to bed at 7:00 (but let's not go there). On a good night they usually get 3 out of the 4 tasks actually accomplished. So my rambling point is it was just heart warming to see Kaden following directions and to witness it right as he began to pray. Simple as that. And that my friends was my "joy" of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How sweet! I really like reading your daily joys. I need to start doing something like that. :)
Love those kind of "paydays". Makes it all worth it!
That's a good "joy"! I love catching my kids doing something right once in awhile.
Post a Comment