Saturday, June 30, 2012

More of June

Austin smiles!

Boating as a family.  All of us except Austin.  He got to hang out with Aunt Marci and give her a run for her money.... he decided he had an insatiable hunger!
Eliza + wind = "fro-hawk".  All that wind in her hair made for quite the hairstyle.

Maggie looks like a drown rat during her bath.  She doesn't care for baths, but does pretty well.

Rachel begged me to make Maggie a dress for the Pleasant Grove Pet Show.  So I did.  Rachel is really proud of her little dog.  She's doing a great job taking responsibility for her.

Things were going so well and then.... dun, dun, dun.... Maggie ended up with an abcess on her cheek.  A couple hundred dollars later and a couple weeks of healing and all is well again.  I hate forking out money on a pet.  Not that I don't care for her, but come on, I've got six other critters to take care of!

I love the little surprises I find on my phone.  This is probably a third of the pictures that were there.  Thanks Haley bug!

And then there are ones like these....

Some children have a choice (see above).  Some children have no say in the matter (see below).

Rachel is a good big sister.  I'm not sure what was really going on here, but I love that my kids (for the most part) get along and help each other.  It's such a blessing.

Lawn mower rides.

My husband DOES think of me when he's away on business.  I got this picture one evening while I was scraping dog poop off of a child's shoe!  Sometimes I am so jealous of Nate's job.  I know he's working hard, but he has some down time now and then and gets to have a bit of fun .... and I'm usually dealing with poop!

Haley enjoying some friend time.  She's my little social butterfly.  Always asking for a friend to play with.

Love me some summer sunsets.

Nate's parents have a little pool in their backyard that we've been to a few times.  It's cheap for me and much more convenient than lugging all the kids to a public pool.


Can't forget Strawberry Days.  We all went to the carnival one evening, Rachel and Nate went to the pet show and Nate took all the kids to the parade while I took Austin in to the doctor with a fever and cough. Luckily it was just a virus and he got over it pretty quickly, but he was just too little to be so sick.  I keep thinking we are missing out on a lot of fun things, but then I realize we are in a very time intensive time of life and it won't last forever.

Just trying to soak it all in.
I {heart} Austin! 

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I love your cute kids (& Maggie)!