Thursday, June 30, 2011

Crane Reunion

Each year we try to make an effort to go to the Crane reunion (my mom's side).  This year Kaden woke up the morning we were going to leave with a cough then later in the day had a fever.  I was so sad we weren't going to be able to go.  Rachel's cousin called to see if she could still go with them and then Nate told me I should just go too.  So Rachel and I drove up to Bennington, Idaho with my sister, Laura, and her two girls.  It was seriously a total of 24 hours, but this place is worth the 3 1/2 hour drive each way.  I just love it.  I know I've mentioned it before, but I have so many fond memories from my childhood of visiting my grandparents and spending countless hours exploring with my cousins.  I just love it!

Sunset in the Bear Lake Valley

Early morning hike



My mom (in the middle) with 7 of her 9 siblings.


"Horse ride" with Aunt Wilma telling fun family history stories

  
Time to head home.  It was so green this year.  I could hardly believe it.  So beautiful.  Peaceful.  Heavenly.  I wish all my family could have come.  I love being able to share just a glimpse of this wonderful place with my kids.  I guess now I'll just have to plan another trip up there this summer.  I'll have to bug one of my cousins to give my kids a real taste of farm life.  And Nate, being the great dad that he is, had a campout in our backyard with the rest of the kids since they were disappointed they couldn't come.

2 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

It's so weird to see Kristen Price's mom in there. I forget you guys are related!!

Lorin and Janice said...

Oh it looks so beautiful. Makes me want to visit now. Glad you got to go!