Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Please Allow Me This Opportunity

I need to vent. My neck hurts.... bad. I was playing with Eliza a few days ago and felt my neck and shoulders kind of tense up. So I stopped tossing her up and down like I was and took some ibuprofen and iced it. Well within a couple hours I was dying. I could hardly move and couldn't hold the baby anymore so Nate took over bedtime and I lied down. It felt a little better the next day and even the next and so on, but when I woke up this morning it was worse again. As I carried laundry baskets, a toddler, a baby, etc. I could tell I wasn't going to make it through the day very well. So my mom came over this afternoon and watched my kids while I went to the chiropractor to get my neck adjusted and got a massage.... it helped like maybe 8%. That's right. Not 9% or 7%, but 8%. I'm hoping tomorrow it will be notably better. Nate has been gone and to top it all off I couldn't get anything accomplished today like I had planned. Yes, planned! I actually had a plan and it was going to be so wonderful. The kids destroyed the basement Sunday, but I didn't realize it until Monday afternoon because Nate tucked the kids in bed Sunday night not me. I was going to get it all put back together today. Nope. Didn't happen. But they sure as heck are cleaning it tomorrow! My kids found the Halloween costumes so my storage room is strewn with costumes and Halloween trinkets. I was going to get them all put away and also reorganize some childrens clothes I have in storage. Nope. Didn't happen. It was also laundry day and I had oodles and oodles of loads to wash, fold and put away. Nope. Didn't happen. I was going to make waffles for dinner and opened up the waffle iron and found a nasty, old, rotting waffle. It was disgusting. We had french toast instead. Tonight as I was grumpier than grumpy the kids whined and pouted about homework, bedtime, and anything else they could think of. Someone peed on the carpet.... we won't name names, but their last name is Bishop and it's probably not who you think would have done it! So I spanked them all soundly and sent them to bed...... no not really, but they did get sent to bed (with an "I love you") and I put myself in time out. Today was a failure and I'm glad it is over. Of course, with my luck I'll have 5 kids who will either have a bad dream, ear ache, head ache, leg ache, tummy ache, or what not. Tomorrow sure as heck better be better! (And yes, I know it really could be worse!)

4 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh Jilleen, I am so sorry. That's funny about the waffle though. We used to make waffles all the time at college, we being me and Kristen. And we found an old one once in Kristen's waffle iron when we got it out. So funny!

Unknown said...

Sounds like one of those Murphy's law kinda days! I had one Monday! I think you are as near to perfect as they come so I'm glad to hear how normal you are too! I do hope you get the neck thing worked out, I've been having the same type of issue with my neck for several months and it's awful! Good luck! If you want you can bring Haley and Eliza over today and you can get something done!

Lorin and Janice said...

Yeah "could be worse" but, really, you had a crappy day yesterday. I am sorry. Hope you get feeling better soon. Sorry but I can't stop laughing about the waffle. Today will be better!

Shelly said...

You should have called me! We could have done a service project for FHE and helped you. Five kids and all the things that go with it is obviously exhausting but you are doing such a great job. Keeping looking for the "joys" in everything. I love you! Let me help you since I don't have any kids at home during the days anymore.